The Blog of Damocles

The Chronicles of Aaron Employed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singers Glen, Virginia, United States

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Interesting...or not (a small peek into the author's childhood)

Usually evangelists give me a severe case of the willies (and usually a minor fit as well) - however I have some strangely fond childhood memories of sitting on the livingroom floor watching Billy Graham crusades on the console sized 15 channel tv (yes it was a color tv) - I think my mother or aunt sang at one of the crusades in Chicago when they were in college, so we often watched out of some sense of nostalgia..... and of course my parents were and remain devoutly evangelical.

I know, I know, I'm a whole host of contradictions.

However, I spent some time reading a recent Newsweek interview with Mr. Graham and found it to be shockingly (to me at least) tolerant, accepting, balanced and (gosh) ecumenical. Perhaps that Wheaton degree in anthropology had some impact....

1 Comments:

Blogger E. Phantzi said...

Do you mean "peek?" :-) My inner editor cannot be silenced... what are you guys doing this week? E

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog