The Blog of Damocles

The Chronicles of Aaron Employed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singers Glen, Virginia, United States

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Inspire me


Looking at AFI's list of 100 most inspiring movies (of which I've seen a not-so-inspiring 62, I've also seen 63 of the best movies, does this mean that I'm 2/3 of the way to the end of my decent movie going life? ) I have come to the conclusion that what movies have inspired me (The Power of One, Cry Freedom, Romero) do not inspire Hollywood.

One movie in particular that is on the list, Hotel Rwanda, I found more horrifying than necessarily inspiring. Despite the fact that Paul Rusesabagina is a bonifide hero and probably deserves whatever recognition the movie has brought him, the fact of genocide - the legacy of the 20th and 21st centuries - should be a item of overwhelming shame and humility to all who lived and did nothing (or are in fact doing nothing about Darfur).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog