The Blog of Damocles

The Chronicles of Aaron Employed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singers Glen, Virginia, United States

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Technical Difficulties

Ok then...

Here's my rant for the day and it is twofold. (Kind of like the Spanish Inquisition skit of Monty Python my counting is suspect.)

1. iTunes (and subsequently iPod) and the whole stupid ibusiness is idriving me ibonkers. Steve Wozniak's new book iWoz even recognizes the tongue in cheek idiocy of all the "i"-ing of America. However, today's particular rant has to do with iTunes 7.0.1.8 - or just iTunes 7 for that matter. Apparently there were so many bugs in v 7.0 that it took apple nary a week to release the next version with fixes. Ok, who hired the QA staff from Microsoft? Among the many, many bugs in the software was a particularly annoying one that said my IPOD nano had gone belly up..... which it hadn't. Now, naturally this was also partially the fault of EMU whose antiquated IS architecture couldn't support a Commodore 64 running Tetris and kept assigning my iPod to an already assigned drive letter. But they don't yet get a rant number... Grrr Argh!

2. McNutcase hits McDreamy and I don't McCare. The Mc-ifying of American has begun - we will know the Apocalypse is upon us when people go to McMcDonalds.

3. Blogger, yes this very program into which I am typing what may be for some a very mild tirade. Nonetheless.... (which is a word I lothe with an unbridled passion, a type of passion seen in cheap romance novels and wine labels)... here I am ranting, quietly. Blogger has a feature in which you can email your entries to the site and they are "SUPPOSED" to post immediately. If you checked this site earlier, you may have noticed that yes, I did have two of the same posts up. This happened because I checked my site around mid-day and realized the previous post never made it..... and then I checked at 2 and bingo-presto-there-it-is.... twice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog