The Blog of Damocles

The Chronicles of Aaron Employed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singers Glen, Virginia, United States

Monday, November 13, 2006

Deaniac

So Howard Dean, former VT governor, became (in)famous one day in the Spring of 2004 (yes, I know it's a loose play on a Postal Service lyric in the song Sleeping In), but if there is any such thing as redemption in politics, this must be it. When Dean ascended to Democratic National Party leadership he pronounced that the new strategy would be to run in all of the races, not just to focus on (primarily) key races. It is possible that this strategy enabled the Democratic party to pull off this election by playing to nationwide dissatisfaction with the Bush Presidency. Good strategy, good luck or a combination of the two? Who knows, but I still like the Dean Machine.

(disclosure: I voted for him as governor in VT when I lived there, and I voted for him in the Primary against Kerry - so I may be a bit biased)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

maybe i'm the only one who gets the service reference. whatever. i love it.

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog