The Blog of Damocles

The Chronicles of Aaron Employed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singers Glen, Virginia, United States

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Books again










Two books that I’ve been reading recently, the first a wonderfully told account of both Marconi’s wireless and the Crippen murder case in Edwardian England. I enjoyed this nearly as much as Devil in the White City, although it did have more points where the story suffered for readability. Having a very loose remembrance of what the Crippen murder was really about, this offered a great opportunity to remind myself how appalling it must have been to the upper-classes of London. The offhand references to the build-up before WWI are also interesting, perhaps this is where the next Larson book will come from.

The second book, a more light-hearted, but equally engaging account of hitchhiking around Ireland with a fridge (which you could probably gather from the title) was a gift from Tara. She apparently knows me well as I enjoyed the book immensely. Unlike most books I’ve been reading recently this second book did not necessarily teach me anything of great import, but was a fine read nonetheless.

1 Comments:

Blogger E. Phantzi said...

Lookit my blog and eat your heart out, Mr. South of the Mason Dixon Line! ;-P They closed CU at 12:30, finally!
E

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog