The Blog of Damocles

The Chronicles of Aaron Employed

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singers Glen, Virginia, United States

Friday, March 07, 2008

hypothetically speaking

If the issue in Florida and Michigan was a question of McCain or Huckabee being denied any sort of representative vote I think I would probably be railing against the monarchist tendencies of the Republican party. So in all fairness I think that those states votes should count, however I do have some caveats.
Firstly, the national party should not be spending money it could use in the general election to re-run two state's primaries.
Secondly, the election results form January are unfairly skewed in one direction because only one candidate made appearances in those states - to the dismay of party bosses. In one sense that was a clever political ploy, but in another it was a bit underhanded.
Thirdly, this primary has to take place before the convention this summer - not as some demonstration primary.

Also, on a completely unrelated note: if you thought my dream was wacky please see the comment on my last post from Seth and Bug. Although, to be fair my dream was not inspired by any sort of subliminal outside influence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog